Thursday, June 24, 2010

Progress and Fun

Monday was a very busy day! I started out pulling gigantic weeds from my garden in the front yard. I planted a few flowers and in no time it looked much better. At 8:30 the air conditioning guy came and checked out the unit on the side of the house. Everything was ok with it so that was great news. A short time later a delivery truck pulls up with my new mattress. Then the AT&T guy came and activated the phone lines, the internet and television service. A crew of cleaning ladies showed up and made the house sparkle from top to bottom. In the afternoon, the washer and dryer showed up on yet another delivery truck. Those folks were summoned back out because the washer water hoses were hooked up backwards. When I was washing my clothes with cold water, hot water was coming out. That's no good. They have come and gone today and the problem is fixed.

I have been to Walmart and Target, each more than once. I stopped by the Hen House and was even able to produce my Hen House card when prompted to do so! While we were away in Poland, all of my kitchen drawers and cabinets here at home were rearranged. I have remedied that and things are back to normal. I took Myles' car to have the oil changed and to check and make sure it is in good running order. It seems that there may be a problem with the battery. They tested the battery yesterday and said it needed to be charged, probably because the car had not been driven much while we were gone. Well today I noticed that it was slow to turn over. So when I drove the girls out to Stanley for an outing with the youth group, I stopped by the tire and battery store across the street. The guy told me that the alternator is bad and it is going to cost $650 to fix. I told him that I would have my husband take care of it! He said he was worried about whether or not the car would make it home.

Well I took my chances and he needn't have worried. I called the shop that worked on it yesterday to ask if they checked the alternator. I was able to speak to the guy who worked on it and he said he did. He said that sometimes alternator problems can be intermittent so it is possible that there is a problem, but that it tested fine yesterday. I am taking it back in to have them retest it tomorrow morning. I picked up the girls from Incredibowl and drove all the way home. I then dropped them off and headed over to the car dealership to begin the process of buying a new minivan (well, not new--new to me). I test drove one but did not love it. It was ok. I talked to Myles and we are going to wait until Saturday morning and go over to the dealership together. I hate car shopping!

One of the school moms hosted a lovely coffee get together this morning at her home. It was so nice to see friends that I have not seen since September. People came and went as their schedules allowed.



It was a very nice welcome home, though I was unable to get a picture with everyone who attended! Pictures will be added to some of my very recent posts as soon as Myles gets home with the photo uploader thing.

Today is the first day that we have all felt like we were on somewhat of a normal schedule. I woke up at 5:00 this morning which is a great improvement! I have been surprised at how long it has taken me to acclimate to the time difference. Yesterday was the worst day and today has been the best day. Myles is coming home late tomorrow afternoon. I'm glad we will all be under one roof in our real home!

No comments:

Post a Comment